Sanwo-Olu Approves Full Reopening Of Churches,Mosques

 


The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has announced the full reopening of worship centres in the state.

He made the announcement during a briefing in Lagos on Saturday.

The governor indicated that mosques can hold their prayers five times daily while churches are also allowed to commence weekly services.

The governor had on Friday, August 7 permitted mosques and churches to commence their Friday and Sunday services only.

He, however, warned that the safety protocols released by the government must be strictly observed.

He stated: “As regards our places of worship, we are now also permitting the mosques to resume their five times a day prayers; and in the case of churches, they are now also permitted to resume their mid-week services. We must not forget that the Coronavirus pandemic is still very much with us, and we must therefore strive to prioritise the safety of all our children, teachers, parents, and the entire society.”

Worship centres in the state had been interrupted since March as part of measures to curtail the spread of COVID-19.

As on Friday, September 18, 2020, the governor said, Lagos State had already conducted about 100,000 tests, and recorded a total of 18,854 confirmed cases of COVID-19.

Of this number,15,598 have recovered in community, 592 are currently active in the community, and 207 deaths have sadly recorded.

“It is however interesting to note that we have also recorded a dramatic decline in the number of Covid-19 related deaths at our facilities,” he stated.

Sanwo-Olu advised citizens not to let down their guard against the pandemic, urging them to act responsibly by observing the required levels of hygiene.

“The Lagos State Government, like the Federal Government, is committed to continuing the maintenance of a fine balance between the safety of lives and the sustenance of livelihoods.

“We will continue to make adjustments as required, but the gradual resumption of social, educational, and economic activity must never be taken as an excuse to let down our guard against the pandemic,” the governor stated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want To stay Safe In your Home? Be Watchful Of These Poisonous Products

Want To Live Long? See 18 Secrets For Longer Life

What To Eat At Night? 8 Of Best Foods Before Bed Time

WHO Releases Names Of Countries With Highest Number Of Death Due To COVID-19,In Africa

Cancellation Of W.A.E.C: Parents To Meet FG On Monday For Way Out

COVID-19:U.S.A. Starts Withdrawal Process From WHO

What To Do In Case Of Kidney Infections

Europe Is Dumping Dirty Fuel In Nigeria - Report

COVID-19:FGN Reverses Own Earlier Decision on School Reopening,Says No date Soon

COVID-19:"Learn To Live With The Virus",WHO Tells All Countries